General Purpose of the Position:
We are currently hiring teachers for The JCC's Havurah Program.
Havurah is an alternative Jewish education opportunity for nursery through second grade children,
focused on fostering Jewish community through hands-on learning about Jewish values, traditions,
Our individualized curricula incorporate ceramics, storytelling, animation, printmaking,
gardening, yoga, and much more—allowing children to discover what being Jewish means and encouraging
them to create their own Jewish identity, while having fun.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Availability from 2:30-5:00 PM on 22 Saturdays between Oct 11 - May 9, except Nov 29, Dec 27, Jan 3, Jan 17, Jan 24, Feb 14, Feb 21, Apr 4, Apr 11. Availability on Friday evening Dec 12.
- Understanding of child development and a deep commitment to working with children.
- Love for Judaism and a wide-range knowledge of biblical and Jewish folk stories, as well as Jewish values, culture, customs, and traditions.
- Experience creating developmentally appropriate and exciting curricula for children.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to convey weekly learning experiences to parents through reflections.
Preferred Candidates Will Also Have:
- Knowledge of the Hebrew language.
- Commensurate with experience
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.