Thank you for choosing the JCC in Manhattan for your swim lesson(s). You can expect that you or your child will receive the highest level of instruction available in NYC.
Our instructors are certified by the American Red Cross as Water Safety Instructors, CPR/AED and First Aid. Please express to your assigned swim instructor what you would
like to achieve during you/your swimmer’s time in the water. You instructor will be happy to communicate directly with you regarding progress and achievements.
Please read fully the guidelines below to better understand what will happen when you join our JCC Aquatics Family.
- When purchasing a single (1) lesson, please keep in mind that time slot is NOT guaranteed for reoccurring lessons
- Lesson 10-packs should be completed within 12 weeks, with two rescheduled lessons allowed
- Rescheduled lessons will be added on to the end of the package at the same day and time as your regular lessons
- There is a 24hr cancellation policy to avoid a charge for the lesson.
Contact your instructor directly for all cancellations
- If one swimmer in a semi-private lesson cancels, the whole lesson is cancelled. The remaining swimmer can choose to purchase a private lesson
- If you have not done so already, payment must be submitted a minimum of 48 hours prior to the first lesson.
- If payment has not been received prior to the first lesson, that lesson will NOT be conducted
- Ages 4 and older please use the separate gender locker rooms on the 5th floor or the family changing room on the 6th floor if you are with a guardian or caregiver of the opposite sex
- Ages younger than 4 are permitted to use the locker rooms on the 5th floor with a guardian or caregiver of any sex
- We require that all swimmers wear swim caps. Swim caps, and goggles are available for purchase at the 5th floor Welcome Desk
- Appropriate pool attire includes swim suits, caps and goggles. Flip flops are recommended
- To insure that you retain your current day, time and instructor, please renew your lessons at the 8th session of a 10pk; or with two lessons remaining in your series.
- Non-members and JCC Community members are not permitted to use our facilities outside of your assigned lesson time
- We encourage you to take advantage of our family and adult swim times to enhance your comfort and learning in the water. To have pool access during these times, please purchase a Pool or Fitness membership or a single daily use guest pass
- Please contact JCC Membership at (646) 505-5700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Christopher Lucas – Private Swim Booking Coordinator
Yajaira Claudio – Private Swim Financial Coordinator
Alyse Marion – Private Swim Director